Chester Race Company statement on Covid-19/CoronavirusPublished on 11 March 2020
In preparation for our forthcoming race day at Bangor-on-Dee Racecourse on Saturday 21 March 2020, we would like to assure members of the public that the safety and wellbeing of visitors to the racecourse is of utmost importance.
Following the outbreak and ongoing development of Covid-19, we are strictly following guidance issued by the UK Government and NHS to ensure we follow all necessary procedures to protect our employees and visitors.
We all have a duty of care to ensure we collectively prevent the spread of the virus and in addition to closely monitoring the situation, we are adapting our plans, policies and procedures to remain vigilant.
The UK Chief Medical Officers have raised the risk to the public from low to moderate and members of the public are being asked to take simple, common-sense steps to avoid close contact with other people as much as possible, like they would with other flu viruses.
If you have bought tickets or are planning to attend the Sky Sports Racing Raceday on Saturday 21 March, please pay particular attention to the following guidance:
- Wash your hands and sanitise regularly, hand sanitiser stations will be available across the racecourse site at entrances, near food and beverage concessions and toilet facilities
- Avoid shaking hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Avoid sharing food and drink
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose asap
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell
If you are planning to attend the race day and have travelled to or from any of the countries identified as Category 1 or 2 risk areas, are experiencing cold and flu symptoms; particularly a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath, please carefully consider your plans to attend and the impact your attendance could have on others.
We will continue to take guidance from the UK Government, NHS, BHA and RCA. Any changes to the current situation will result in an updated statement and guidance being issued by Chester Race Company via the official racecourse website: www.bangorondeeraces.co.uk
For further information visit:
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
A full list of the Category 1 and 2 countries and areas can be viewed online here.
- 2021 Fixtures Announced 21 October 2020 Read more
- Chester Race Company to Supplement Prize Money Across Racecourse Group in August 4 August 2020 Read more
- Statement – Cancellation of July and August Fixtures 27 May 2020 Read more