Racing at Bangor-on-Dee suspended until JulyPublished on 2 April 2020
The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has announced that it will delay the resumption of jump racing until the beginning of July. This decision was made following an initial proposal from the National Trainers Federation (NTF), with the aim being to provide clarity to the trainers and owners of jump horses and to assist them in minimising any unnecessary expenditure.
The decision has been taken in agreement with the Racehorse Owners Association (ROA), Professional Jockeys Association (PJA) and Racecourse Association (RCA).
A full copy of the BHA statement can be viewed online here.
The implications of this afternoon's statement mean that the Wrexham Lager Family Funday Meeting on Saturday 16 May and the Summer Meeting due to take place on Tuesday 2 June are now suspended.
Members of the public who have purchased tickets or hospitality packages in advance for the aforementioned meetings will be honoured a full refund in accordance with the company’s ticket terms and conditions.
The hospitality and box office teams will be contacting bookers directly in the coming days to organise a refund. Purchasers are also welcome to transfer their ticket or hospitality booking to an alternative date later in the year (availability dependent).
Bangor-on-Dee Annual Members will also be contacted with further information in due course.
The racecourse would like to thank those impacted for their patience and support.
- 2021 Fixtures Announced 21 October 2020 Read more
- Chester Race Company to Supplement Prize Money Across Racecourse Group in August 4 August 2020 Read more
- Statement – Cancellation of July and August Fixtures 27 May 2020 Read more