Racing at Bangor-on-Dee suspended until MayPublished on 16 March 2020
Following a statement issued by the British Horseracing Authority earlier today declaring that all racing across England, Scotland and Wales will be suspended with effect from tomorrow until the end of April, we can confirm that racing this coming Saturday 21 March and Saturday 18 April will not take place.
The formal decision was taken by the Board of the British Horseracing Authority this morning based on the statements made by the government yesterday and after consultation with senior industry leaders. Medical Advisers to the RCA and the BHA, who have been advising an industry group on the response to the crisis, have also been consulted. The decision taken to protect essential emergency services and the health and welfare of staff working within the racing industry will be kept under constant review.
Members of the public who have purchased tickets or hospitality packages in advance for the aforementioned meetings will be honoured a full refund in accordance with the company’s ticket terms and conditions.
The hospitality department and box office teams will be contacting bookers directly to organise a refund this week. Purchasers are also welcome to transfer their ticket or hospitality booking to an alternative date later in the year (availability dependent).
For the full statement issued by the BHA, click here.